Do you have dreams for your future? How often do you revisit these dreams? Do you ever share them with others? Have you forgotten your dreams or set them aside? Is what you’re doing today getting you closer to realizing your dreams? Here are nine points to ponder about dreaming.
1. Dreams must be specific. Paint a clear picture of where you want to go and who you want to be.
“I have always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific.” — Lily Tomlin
2. Dare to dream big! Don’t let anyone or anything put dampers on your dreams.
“Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future.” — Charles F. Kettering
3. You are never too old to dream new dreams nor rediscover old ones.
“Dreams don’t have an expiration date.” — David Niven, Ph.D.
4. Big dreams are a responsibility, especially in a land with so many opportunities.
“America is too great for small dreams.” — Ronald Reagan
5. Dreams can change the world. (e.g. “I Have Dream” by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.)
“It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.” — Robert H. Goddard
6. Dreams help create momentum. How? Vision leads to focus, focus leads to discipline, and discipline leads to “the big mo” (momentum.) To build momentum, take time daily to revisit your dream.
“Discipline is remembering what you want.” — David Campbell
7. Failure is not measured by mistakes. Failure is quitting before your dream becomes reality.
“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.” — Tom Bradley
8. Dreaming is only the “first step” AND the only first step to success.
“Commitment separates the doers from the dreamers.” — Andre Maronian
9. Dreaming can be a life-changing experience on the way to becoming a better person.
“Build a dream and the dream will build you.” — Robert Schuller
Dreams are the fruit of our imaginations — Success is the fruit of our dreams. Success is found at the crossroads of big dreams, opportunity, and personal action. It’s time to start dreaming again!
© Copyright June 2008, Clancy Cross. All rights reserved.
Read more “Clancy’s Quotes” at: ClancyCross.WordPress.com